- How To Prep Class
September 1, 2020
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Light Painting Joshua Tree
September 11, 2020 - September 13, 2020
3:00 pm - 9:00 am
Join Creative Photo Academy and light painting guru Katrina Brown for a creative weekend in the desert! Learn how to properly paint with light to create stunning images. We’ll supply the lights and guide you through the whole process.
In this workshop, we’ll explore light painting by mixing various ambient light situations such as stars and the Milky Way. Our focus will be on shooting in a styled shoot situation with an experienced model resulting in spectacular images. You will be exposed to many types of light painting tools, techniques and ideas to spark your creativity!
We’ll arrive in the afternoon to scout and plan our shots (or you can arrive earlier to shoot Joshua Tree landscapes). We’ll go to work at night. You can camp (highly recommend) or drive to a nearby hotel. (shooting 2 evenings, leaving Sunday morning or afternoon)
- Must have and be familiar with DSLR or Mirrorless Camera, Tripod & Remote Shutter
- Must be able to hike 2 miles in the dark at night carrying camera equipment
- Mobility and agility are essential to attend this workshop
- Camping Highly Recommend (we have pre booked a group campsite)
• Includes: location for photographing, “How-To Prep Class” and onsite instruction.
• Does not include: Transportation, meals, accommodations (we will be 30 minutes from the town of Joshua Tree if you wish to stay at a hotel) and entrance fees.
Limit 15 Participants
Price: $399 Includes Prep Class
Location: Joshua Tree National Park
How-To Prep Class
Learn about the equipment and techniques needed to make creative light painted and night sky photographs. Light Painting requires long exposures, a sturdy tripod, remote shutter release, and a spark of imagination. Come learn how to make these captivating images.
Price: How-To Prep for Light Painting Class ONLY : $49 per person
Location: Creative Photo Academy
To bring: Camera, tripod, camping gear, remote shutter release – full supply list to be e-mailed after registration
By purchasing this class, you agree to the terms of the refund policy.
Participants will be required to sign a liability release prior to the adventure.
Sign up online here or download our flyer and sign up in store or over the phone (310-375-7014)